Death is God

>We might say that philosophy is God learning to own himself, overcoming the illusion-truth that he is outside himself. This is illusion-truth because he's only "really" God once he owns himself. But since he potentially owns himself, this alienation to be (potentially) overcome is an "illusion." The reader who intimately "gets" me knows that this is an obscenely arrogant statement. I am God. He is God. But there is also great humility in this statement, in that we allow one another to be God. We are grateful that are other kings out there among all the mere bishops with their tedious false humility.

Death is God. You (we) have faith in death, in mortality. We have a dark faith in the nullity of all that accuses and imposes. "They" come to us with systems, millions of systems. They do not, however, offer to do our dying for us. They _cannot_ do our dying for us.

To face this void (to believe in the void of death) is to perceive the fragility or groundlessness of every system/ideology. "Religions" of progress leap the individual grave by fastening the mortal individual to a world spirit. But the death of the species takes even this away. This glorious noise will subside. All action is "ultimately" or "metaphysically" futile. We stand in this knowledge, which is really a faith in Death. So "Death is God" or Death is _our_ God.

Whilst this machine is to me, however, I am a king. As Kojeve might read it, this Death as God is a projected master. So I am a slave after all, hiding from my slavery but negating earthly masters via this imaginary master. On the other hand, death isn't imaginary and death demands nothing in particular from us. So I cannot impose duty in terms of this master, Death.

If I "preach" that "Death is God," then I preach a terrible freedom. I preach no ethic. My words throw their listeners into the authenticity that allegedly accompanies being-towards-death. I seek not to dominate (not in a simple way) but to meet another mortal king in his terrible freedom and groundlessness.

On the other hand I'm just a poet or personality as sculpture. I am a virus who wants to replicate. I launch my memes and see if they'll reproduce in the wild.
https://www.reddit.com/user/frankfirebook/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

for "Stirner"

Hegel & The Irony

"the one who is supposed to know"