"the one who is supposed to know"

Yes, this "one who is supposed to know" is at the center of my own philosophy/worldview/personality. The death of "the one who is supposed to know" is the leap from "agency" (embodiment) to "spirit." In my teens and 20s, I lived my own Phen. of Spirit, went through a series of epistemological-ethical positions. Since I was seduced utterly by the "knower" version of the hero myth, the epistemological was the ethical. Eventually this knowledge version of the hero myth appeared to me in its contigency --but only because I wanted to know the truth about knowledge. So the identification with truth-seeking-as-nobility was self-subverting. That's how I take Hegel. These positions collapse on their own terms. Indeed, a proud man won't accept criticism except in terms of his household gods, if even then. He has to suffer self-mutilation. His frustration with the contradictions in his myth of hero lead to the abandonment-replacement-editing of this myth. As he incarnates his ideal, the ideal itself also evolves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

for "Stirner"

Hegel & The Irony